Chocolate is the most favorite flavor of many humans because they love tasting delightful chocolate flavor. The preparers can make different types of recipes using the chocolate flavor. When it is a chocolate baklava, it is a preferable recipe of several persons. Chocolate baklava is usually prepared using the buttery butter, buttery filo dough, buttery fingers, buttery chocolate chips, and etc. If it is double chocolate baklava prepared at home, it is too pleasurable to enjoy tasting chocolate baklava in the evening. It is double chocolaty and double delicious recipe for all.
- Thawed filo dough – ½ pound
- Melted stick butter – 1 ( 8 tablespoons)
- Chocolate chips – 1 bag (12 oz)
- Chocolate syrup – ½ cup
- Milk – ¼ cup
- First, the preparers need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. During this preheating time, you have to line 14 x 11 baking pan with the parchment paper.
- After that, you have to layer a single sheet of filo dough over this parchment paper and brush well with the melted butter.
- Then, you have to lay another one sheet of filo dough over the first one and brush this one again with the melted butter.
- You should need to repeat this process until you will get 5 layers of filo dough sheets.
- In this step, you have to sprinkle ½ cup of chocolate chips over every dough sheet.
- Repeat layering one filo dough sheet, brushing of melted butter, and one layer of the chocolate chips until you will get 5 layers.
- Once you complete this process, you need to bake it for 30 minutes in the oven.
- After 30 minutes, you can remove a baking pan from the oven and let it cool.
- After a pan cooled, you have to slice it into squares or diamonds shape as per your requirements.
- Now, you can whisk chocolate syrup and milk together and drizzle over the cooled chocolate baklava.
- Now complete double chocolate baklava is ready to serve.
- For the further use, you can store these baked baklavas in an air tight container. Usually, baklavas will last only two days from the preparation.
If you need extra flavor and additional chocolate in your baklavas, you can add chocolate syrup on every layer of filo dough sheet along with the melted butter. It will add some extra taste and chocolate flavor to your baklavas baked at home. The total preparation time of this double chocolate baklava will be only 1 hour. The preparation time will take up to 15 minutes to set all layers before baking. The baking time will be around 30 minutes in the oven. After baking, you have to give at least 10 minutes to cool. In remaining 5 minutes, you have to add chocolate syrup and milk on the top of all baklavas and cut into your preferable shape. This double chocolate baklava will be a great sweet for all your family members especially kids.