Making an almond baklava is very easy for beginners once they find the right ingredients. The almond baklava is one of the perfect holiday dishes to make instead of making other dishes. This recipe has been prepared and eaten by people around for many years because it has its own delicious pastry. At the beginning, the baklava has been introduced by the Assyrians in the late 8th century. The almond baklava is one of the most favorite’s recipes among all families but each member can be prepared the variation of making sweet in their own ways. This sweet recipe can be enjoyed by many people at anytime especially in the South Asian family.
The baklava is completely made with honey and a mixture of a few other things like flavors and citrus syrup and so on. Once this sweet can make correctly, the almond baklava recipe gives an extraordinary taste to the eaters. This sweet recipe has mostly found in many restaurants and diners because of its delicious taste. When it comes to make baklava, you just collect the necessary ingredients and start preparing it by own. At the end, you will definitely get a lot of love with good ingredients by serving the almond baklava to others.
- 1½ cups water
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoon rose water
- 2 inch strips orange peel
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups coarsely chopped almonds
- 15 fresh phyllo pastry sheets
- Plain yogurt
Instructions to make almond baklava
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degree and then butter the bottoms and sides of a pan.
- Now, chop the specific quantity of nuts and set aside. Unroll the phyllo dough and cut the whole stack in half to fit the pan. Then cover the phyllo with a dampened cloth to keep them dry out as you work.
- Now, place the two sheets of dough in a pan and butter it thoroughly. Repeat the same process until you have 8 sheets layered. After that, top with two sheets of dough, nuts and butter then layering as you go.
- You can use a sharp knife to cut into diamond or square shapes in all the ways. When you cut the pieces, you can make 4 long rows and make the diagonal cuts.
- Now, you bake the above cuts for about 50 minutes until the almond baklava is golden and crispy.
- After that, you just make sauce while the baklava is baking. For making sauce, you can boil sugar and water until it is melted then adds some vanilla and honey. Simmer it for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, remove the almond baklava from the oven and spoon sauce over it immediately. Then let it cool for a few minutes and serve it in a cupcake papers.
- Finally, freezes the baklava well and leave it uncovered as it gets soggy and then wrapped up.