Turkey has been a favorite dish of many humans and they try different recipes to have various turkey tasting experiences. Here is a simple but very delicious herb roasted turkey recipe which will take only 30 minutes of preparation time.
- Turkey – 1 (10-12 pound)
- Fresh herbs (20 whole sprigs like rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage, marjoram)– ¼ cup
- Canola oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Freshly grounded pepper – 1 tsp
- Onion, aromatics, apple, orange or lemon – 1 ½ cup (cut all into 2 inch pieces)
- Water – 3 cups or more as needed.
- First, you have to position a rack in the lowest third part of the oven and preheat it to 475 degrees.
- Remove the giblets and neck from the turkey cavities. You have to reserve it to make gravy. You need to place your turkey (breast side up) on a rack in the large roasting pan, dry it using the paper towels.
- Now you have to mix all the minced herbs, salt, pepper, and oil in a small bowl. Then, you can rub the herb mixture all over a turkey onto the breast meat and under the skin. You have to place aromatics and ten of the herb sprigs in a cavity. After that, you should tuck the wing tips under a turkey. You need to tie its legs together using the kitchen string. Then, ad three cups of water and remaining ten herb sprigs to a pan.
- You need to roast the turkey in the oven until its skin gets golden brown color for about 45 minutes.
- After this particular time, you have to remove a turkey from the oven. If you have a remote digital thermometer, you can insert it into a deep part of the thigh and close to the joint. You have to cover the breast part with the double layer of foil. You can cut it as necessary to match to the turkey breast. Now, you need to reduce the oven temperature level to 350 degrees and continue roasting for about 1 ¼ to 13/4 hours more.
- When the pan dries out, you can tilt the turkey to allow juices run out of its cavity into the pan and add one more cup of water. The turkey cooking is done when your thermometer shows 165 degrees.
- Remove the cooked turkey from the oven and transfer it to the serving plate. Cover it with the foil. Let your looked turkey cool for about 20 minutes. After that, you can remove string and carve. Now your delicious turkey is ready to eat.
- Calories – 155
- Fat – 5g (1 g saturated fat & 2 g of mono-saturated fat)
- Cholesterol – 63 mg
- Carbs – 0 g
- Added sugar – 0 g
- Protein – 25 g
- Fiber – 0 g
- Sodium – 175 mg
- Potassium – 258 mg
With all these nutrition benefits, you can simply try this herb roasted turkey recipe at home and have a different turkey tasting experience.